<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 07:39:35 Jun 20, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Prevent other mining softwares (e.g. ethminer) to mine my public forked Ethereum chain

furicfuric Member Posts: 1
(Sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but I think it's related to Ethereum mining)

I forked an Ethereum chain and put it as public, but I only want my own software/client to be able to mine. Other miners using ethminer, geth, etc, cannot mine and profit from my chain (At least not before they hack and de-compile my software and find a way to mine). Is that possible?

Something I have in my mind:
  • An encrypted key needed to be provide for mining, key is decrypted and verified in nodes.
  • I myself manage few mining pools and all nodes should ONLY accept answers from my pools (by IP or by an encrypted key). All my clients join my mining pools, but I guess this will make the chain very centralized and expose to security issue?