<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 18:06:34 Jun 23, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Editing comment deleted the comment?

JvZJvZ Member Posts: 5
edited July 2017 in Meta
I was just posting my first comment, i noticed i wanted to add something and thus edited it, saved. Worked good, then i saw another minor change i wanted to perform, edited again and saved again (all within a minute's time). Now after the last save the post just completely disappeared from the discussion... Luckily i had copied most of the text (it was a long post) to my clipboard. But it was strange to see it disappear.
I've not tried to reproduce the issue.

Edit:
I also tried to reload the page then, no change. Went back to google page where i found the discussion. Went forward to it again. and now the previous reply i was typing showed up, which already disappeared the first time. And thus not the one i was working on last. Bit confusing everything.
Post edited by JvZ on

Comments

• JvZJvZ Member Posts: 5
    and again 2nd change my whole post disappeared....
  • ctp9ctp9 Member Posts: 10
    I can confirm - this happened to me also. I used the edit function to fix a typo, and then tried to edit my post again to fix formatting... and it just disappeared entirely.
  • mathias1974mathias1974 Member Posts: 4
    I think It is affection of anti spam settings.

I have the same bug:
    I've posted a discussion, then edited it after a short period of time and saw a sign: "your post will be published after it will be approved".
    It is very-very strange behaviour.
    if I edit discussion with a large gap in time - all good.
    But I'm afraid to edit it because don't know which time window is "normal" between edits.
  • mathias1974mathias1974 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2017
    Looks like for this filter "editing" is the same action as "creation" of posts - and it blocks a post and remove. It is the error.